China Armed Helicopter----WZ-10

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

williamzhang

Recruit
Apr 23, 2009
China Armed Helicopter in Harbin

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 164
  • WZ-10.jpg
    WZ-10.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 162
In my view,It looks like "Euro-Tiger" ,Not the Rooivalk.

It amazes me that countries continue to do business with China. I know the Russians are more than a little bent out of shape selling them fighter airplanes, allowing for some indigenous manufacturing and then having China steal the design and offer to sell it as competition to Russian designs.

Looks like an amalgamation of the Mangusta, Rooivalk and Apache. Rooivalk front end and main gear, Mangust engine housings and rear tailboom assembly and Apache tail rotor. Is this just another Chinese one off experimental design? Or did they actually build this in quantity? I suspect it never went beyond a few copies.

yeah because theres sooo much you can do in the design of an attack helicopter that none of them look at all alike.

One thing about the WZ-10 that none of the other types mentioned seems to have is some sort of attempt to reduce RCS. Looking at the pictures the fuselage seems almost diamond section, or moderately faceted, in a similar manner to the NH-90 transport helo.

I think looking straight for which type this is 'copied' from is a bit short sighted as China is clearly doing something pretty good here. As long as it works of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back