China PLA AirForce pics in Korea war

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Foxriver

Airman
Apr 26, 2009
China PLA AirForce pilots,Kim Il(il) Sung and DeHuai Peng general(PLA commander in Korea ),the F-86 tail .

Attachments

• korea1.jpg
    korea1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 251
  • korea2.jpg
    korea2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Korea3.jpg
    Korea3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Korea4.jpg
    Korea4.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Korea5.jpg
    Korea5.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 171
Foxriver, great photos! I was stationed in South Korea in 1963 and 1964 in the U.S. Army, 1st Cavalry Division, 7th Cavalry Regiment.I look forward to seeing/ hearing more from you!

Sitts,1st Cavalry Division is Powerful force in U.S. Army.
I am glad to see you here.
I should call you "grandpa" in our culture respectfully for your age.
I will post more things about current China,Koean war etc we saw and my life and so on.
I will answer your questions you want to know if I can .
When I have questions about USA,I hope I can ask you,and you will answer me if you can.Thank you!
Best wishes to u and your family!

The big lettering on the dark painted MiG's reads, first line 'China', second line 'people's volunteer army air force'. I've never seen any reference to such obvious lettering (readable or not by US pilots) in numerous US accounts of various markings on MiG's. It seems possible it was just for publicity photo's when that big. Most Soviet MiG's in Korea carried NK markings, as did the relatively small number of NK MiG's, naturally; Chinese a/c sometimes carried Chinese markings (in terms of the details of the red star).

F-86E 51-2767 was downed August 1 1952. The pilot, Maj Felix Asla, was killed. I don't know of any PLAAF claims that day, there were 4 Soviet claims (just Asla's F-86 was lost).

Joe

The big lettering on the dark painted MiG's reads, first line 'China', second line 'people's volunteer army air force'. I've never seen any reference to such obvious lettering (readable or not by US pilots) in numerous US accounts of various markings on MiG's. It seems possible it was just for publicity photo's when that big. Most Soviet MiG's in Korea carried NK markings, as did the relatively small number of NK MiG's, naturally; Chinese a/c sometimes carried Chinese markings (in terms of the details of the red star).
killed. I don't know of any PLAAF claims that day, there were 4 Soviet claims (just Asla's F-86 was lost).

Joe

Thanks Joe. And the dis-information would not be unexpected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back