Circle marking on Bf109G-14AS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

von hahn

Airman 1st Class
Aug 2, 2008
JNB
Hi. Does anybody know what this circular marking was for on the Bf109G-14AS? I've never seen it on any other 109 before?

Thanks!
IMG_20221219_100854.jpg

As memo serves it has already been discussed somehere but where and when .. sorry can't remind myself ..
However not all Bf 109G-10 and G-14 had them painted. Perhaps it could be non standard marking (stencil) added by the maintenance crews or a manufacturer.

a few other shots including the "Rita"

rita.jpg

timo.jpg

13.jpg

"Gisela" seems to have it overpainted ...

gisela.jpg

Looks like a Circle with a Cross in it. Perhaps marking location for a Medical Kit behind headrest/bulkhead?

img011aa.jpg

Attachments

• img011a.jpg
    img011a.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that the location of that circle varies in the above examples. A look through my various references has not produced an answer but at the risk of adding more mud to this, the Buchon recently acquired by the museum I volunteer at has a small air scoop in the area.

Capture.JPG

If you look closely you will see a small cross in the middle of the circle. This marking designates the aircraft's centre of gravity.

David

If you look closely you will see a small cross in the middle of the circle. This marking designates the aircraft's centre of gravity.

David
The marking is not for the CoG. To start with it is aft of the wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back