City of Lincoln refit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAF Liberators

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Englishman in NZ
www.rafb24.com
Hello all.
I've been sitting on a bunch of photos taken during the major refit of what was the City of Lincoln Lancaster. They were taken at Abingdon 1983, they show all the aspects of the refit including the replacing of the main spar.
I'll post a few up here for now but I'll probably put the rest over on my site (I have about 65), happy to share if anyone wants copies, just post here, over on my Lib site or send me a PM here or there.
They are pretty rare shots of the old girl so that's why I'm going to host them.
Hope you enjoy them.
Gary

003.JPG.jpg

009.JPG.jpg

014.JPG.jpg

015.JPG.jpg

016.JPG.jpg

017.JPG.jpg

022.JPG.jpg

024.JPG.jpg

040.JPG.jpg

052.JPG.jpg

You can find the rest here:-
City of Lincoln Abbingdon Refit

Yeah it's the BBMF Lanc, some of the pictures even show the BBMF chocks complete with BBMF stamped on ;)
Yeah she used to be City of Lincoln, then they renamed her to Minnie the Moocher and now it's Phantom of Rhur, I can't keep up... :D
Anyway I've seen a couple of the really good Lanc model builds over here and thought they may make good source material for others, plus it's good advertising for my site :D
The full size photos I scanned up make some good pictures but at 6MB each they are a bit big to put up full res so I dropped them to 800 x 600

Yeah it's the BBMF Lanc, some of the pictures even show the BBMF chocks complete with BBMF stamped on ;)
Yeah she used to be City of Lincoln, then they renamed her to Minnie the Moocher and now it's Phantom of Rhur, I can't keep up... :D
Anyway I've seen a couple of the really good Lanc model builds over here and thought they may make good source material for others, plus it's good advertising for my site :D
The full size photos I scanned up make some good pictures but at 6MB each they are a bit big to put up full res so I dropped them to 800 x 600

Lanc nuts might be interested to know... the BBMF are running a series of "technical tours" running through the winter, three hour session offering the opportunity to get up close to the innards of the planes. I have signed up to the Spitfire session in December, the Lancaster day I believe is around end of January. Only 15 quid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back