Cockpit locks?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmmmm...I'm thinking modern-day car locks here...push the button on the key, the plane blinks and goes "bleep-bleep", and it's locked before you head off to the supermark...ah, no - go away images! :lol:

Hmmmm...I'm thinking modern-day car locks here...push the button on the key, the plane blinks and goes "bleep-bleep", and it's locked before you head off to the supermark...ah, no - go away images! :lol:

And come back to find the thing up on blocks because somebody stole your wheels...

We've put locks on L-29s and 39s. They have a latching mechanism on the left side of the aircraft that locks the canopy for pressurization purposes. With a little modification a padlock could be placed within the handle.

Chris - that is interesting. I know we didn't design them into Huey's and Cobra's back in the day.

Nor have I seen any factory standard warbird with an ignition key...

A lot easier to steal an airplane than an auto back then.

The Blackhawk has an ignition key as well. These are not generic, and each aircraft has its own. Once the aircraft is started though, you can take the ignition key out and the engines will keep turning.

So nothing gets inside...:shock:

If you lock it from the inside then how are you going to get out???? :shock:

I'm not talking about a padlock, I'm talking about a lock like the one in cars.

I know what you mean. I am joking with you, but you are still missing the point. Why would you want to lock yourself in? To lock the aircraft when you walk away from it, I undestand, but to lock yourself in....

Anyhow, as others have pointed out they did not have locks. Some aircraft have them, but most are not built with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back