color RAAF pics in the Pacific

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lindsay

Airman
May 29, 2008
Bendigo
Hi,
Does anyone out there have any color RAAF pics in the pacific war? I know there are color pics of USAAF in the pacific, but i've only seen a few pics in the book RAAF Camouflage and markings! Cheers!
Lindsay

Attachments

• SK-A_A8-164_0001.jpg
    SK-A_A8-164_0001.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Quite rare indeed..

Attachments

• 79sqnRAAF34.jpg
    79sqnRAAF34.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 327
  • 79sqnRAAF35.jpg
    79sqnRAAF35.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 329
  • 548.jpg
    548.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 428
  • 93sqnRAAF7.jpg
    93sqnRAAF7.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 417
  • raaf.jpg
    raaf.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 531
Fantastic pics guys. The Beaufighter pics were a suprise. Never knew they existed! Thankyou!! I dont think color film was as available in Australia as it was in the USA!

Does anyone know where the Spitfire pics were taken? P-40 color pics would be nice!!

Thanx for that Wildcat. Seeing Kittyhawks and Beauforts in color is fantastic! I just wish there was more footage!

Thanx Buffnut, i found the avatar pic off the net, but i forget the website! I hope its ok for me to use it! I think it depics Buffalo from 453 RAAF Squadron. Flown by Sergeant H.H.Griffiths. The Osprey Aces book for the Brewster Buffalo says that he was credited with two Ki-27s destroyed.
griffith.jpg

Hi Lindsay,

I know the pic - the original is hanging on my wall! :confused:

The website you found it on was www.warbirdforum.com. Given that I'm named as the owner and frequent the associated forum (the Warbird's Forum message board Forums), I suppose I could get all arsey and say "Well you should have asked me before you used it" but I guess that's what I get for posting the pic on the web.:oops:

Great shots have seen the Shrike(Helldiver) , Vengance and Tigermoth before but the Beaufighter shots I haven't seen before and one of them has a 13 Sqn Ventura in the background, now if someone just had some colour 22 Sqn Boston shots.........

Its a great pic Buffnut. I feel bad about using it as my avitar now. I'll delete it and change my avitar to another thats more relivent to who i am. Cheers mate!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back