Could the British have held America ?

Could the British have won the American war of indepence

• Yes

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It will break out, probably next year. The next revolution. In my calculated opinion. And it will be very much a guerilla war.

It will break out, probably next year. The next revolution. In my calculated opinion. And it will be very much a guerilla war.

Uh?

Where in the United States do you see this happening?

If it ever happens again, I don't see it happening for years and years to come, probably not in our lifetime.

The question was "Could the British have held America?

You lost me. :confused:

TO

twilight_zone.jpg

Uh?

Where in the United States do you see this happening?

If it ever happens again, I don't see it happening for years and years to come, probably not in our lifetime.

Sorry, it was a little off-topic. If I say anything more about that, I'll put it in the politics part of the site. But I live in South Carolina, for the record, and there is a lot of talk of revolution here.

I think the Seven Years War exhausted the English treasury and they never really could muscle up and do what was necessary to win in America. All Washington had to do was keep his army intact and eventually the British were going to get tired and go home. I don't believe that public opinion at home in England wholeheartedly supported the war.

Sorry, it was a little off-topic. If I say anything more about that, I'll put it in the politics part of the site. But I live in South Carolina, for the record, and there is a lot of talk of revolution here.

Really I lived for many years in Columbia, South Carolina and Hendersonville, North Carolina and my sister still lives in Columbia, South Carolina. I never heard any talk like that.

I find it rather hard to believe. I am sure there are small groups that talk that kind of stuff, but I don think there is a lot of talk like that.

I do agree though, that this does not belong in this thread.

Yes that would certainly fit...

Hey Bill, can you think of any mainly "Guerrilla campaign" prior to the US war of Independance? Or was it about the first one?

Sorry to get back so late FB. Roger's Rangers during the French Indian Wars as well as teams of American Indiand fighting with French would be examples of early Special Ops but not Guerilla Campaigns per se.

The Revolutionary War had many more examples to fit the definition with indigenous citizens filtering in and out of combat or 'terror' attacks against individual or small groups of Brit soldiers, then slipping away.

I'm not going to hijack this thread but I sense the same undercurrent that you do. In my pre-retirement former life as a technology exec this was only a tendril of random firing neurons as recently as the early 1990's. Never heard it in Army but saw little facets in the riots of the 60's

Ruby Ridge and Waco and Oklahoma City, combined with serious attempts by hard core, dedicated groups and Congress to first eliminate everything except single shot and double barrel shotguns - later watered down in 1995 GCA got a LOT of campfire and country coffee shop discussions that I had never heard before.

The extreme hatred by the 'other groups' (whichever they may be, but similar to daily Kos and Moveon.org) against political beliefs that don't align with their own, the incredible rise of gang membership and violence, the situation in the inner cities in which the turf wars are increasing every day and are racially polarized.

External threats in the form of dedicated teams of killers, and citizen agents 'of change' are growing in my opinion, left and right. Obama's friend Bill Ayeres comes to mind as a potentially 'unreformed' type to think about as we look at associations.

We can take this somewhere else, but "I ain't dismissing your words, Son" and the observations and awareness of a storm brewing actually made our decision when we picked a pretty self sufficient ranch in way SW Oregon - where the family trees are pretty much a straight line. Texas is only place I would go back to - and NEVER in a city anywhere, anymore.

Am I convinced? No.

Where in Alaska do you plan to move to. Me and my wife are moving to Alaska next summer.

Probably will start out in or near Anchorage with a goal of eventually starting farming near Talkeetna or Willow, or along the banks of the Susitna River. I have other friends who are planning to move up there within the next few years, too. And some who already have.

Probably will start out in or near Anchorage with a goal of eventually starting farming near Talkeetna or Willow, or along the banks of the Susitna River. I have other friends who are planning to move up there within the next few years, too. And some who already have.

Alaska is very very beautiful. I spent some time up there, and me and my wife are wanting to build a timber home near Anchorage (probably Wasilla). She is a Biologist and hoping to do something with animals up there.

I am doing my research right now on what Aviation companies are in the area that I might want to try and work for. Preferably Helos such as search and rescue or something like that.

Alaska is very very beautiful. I spent some time up there, and me and my wife are wanting to build a timber home near Anchorage (probably Wasilla). She is a Biologist and hoping to do something with animals up there.

I am doing my research right now on what Aviation companies are in the area that I might want to try and work for. Preferably Helos such as search and rescue or something like that.

These signs should be posted widely in Alaska also - If I moved there I think Kenai, Kodiak and over that range to Katmai through Brooks range - cold as hell in the winter, and as noted below you have to be on the lookout for the sound of bells.

Chris - have you looked hard at the FBO's at all the significant airports?

Attachments

• bear advice.bmp
    942.3 KB · Views: 97
:lol:

Yeah I am going to check out the FBOs. I really want to work for a larger company though such as Evergreen or something like that.

We will see, I am keeping my options open. I am hoping to get my Aviation Maint. Management degree finished before we move, so that I can use that on my resumes as well.

Wasilla is within an hour of the areas I am interested in. Wasilla is a little over an hour from Anchorage, where aviation jobs greatly abound. Of course if you get a plane, you can fly back and forth to Anchorage in 20 minutes or less.

Unfortunately the only aviation credentials I have are that I worked at an FBO here in SC for 3 months, in which time I learned it is impossible to raise a family off $8 an hour single income. I liked the work, but it really stressed me out and the pay was worse than lousy.

I hope to find some sort of construction job at first, in the summers, and settle for something worse during the winters until we can get the farm started.

its nice to remember the most glorious period of bitish empire was later of american revolution, when usa already was independent.

also, besides usa been independent still a english speaker nation, and thanks to the american media(cinema, tv, music...) the english is now almost a worldwide language. thats good for britons and commonwealth too.

Wasilla is within an hour of the areas I am interested in. Wasilla is a little over an hour from Anchorage, where aviation jobs greatly abound. Of course if you get a plane, you can fly back and forth to Anchorage in 20 minutes or less.

Unfortunately the only aviation credentials I have are that I worked at an FBO here in SC for 3 months, in which time I learned it is impossible to raise a family off $8 an hour single income. I liked the work, but it really stressed me out and the pay was worse than lousy.

I hope to find some sort of construction job at first, in the summers, and settle for something worse during the winters until we can get the farm started.

Yeah I know what you mean. Fortunatly aircraft mechanics make more than $8 an hour, or I would not be moving to Alaska.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back