Crazy German Experimental Planes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GermansRGeniuses

Tech Sergeant
Dec 26, 2003
www.barryboys.co.uk
here are a couple of pics from Luft46. please discuss this topic.

Attachments

• ramcutc.jpg
    ramcutc.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,429
  • vbi-1.gif
    vbi-1.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,372
glad to see it's destrying a B-17................

Me and C.C. were on this site once where it had a plane that was designed to fall apart in midair!!!!!!!

From a lot of German designs you can see where American and Russian designs came from, I can't remember the name of the German aircraft but it replicates the early American VTOL projects almost exactly...still it was poor...

even though the garmans had alot of good ideas, i think even if they had materialized, i don't think we would be in much danger, they would have come to late to do much...............

Me and C.C. were on this site once where it had a plane that was designed to fall apart in midair!!!!!!!

no, i think that was a plane where in the event of a mid air collision the cockpit broke away and parachuted safely to the ground 8)

no, it was designed to ram planes with part of it, that part would also be destroyed, and then the pilot would glide down in the cockpit...............

The problem with all of these "wonder weapons" was that the Germans were running out of fuel to power them and qualified pilots to fly them. Consider that 1200 Me-262s were built but only about 300 saw action.

Yeah, the Germans would have needed to have gotten these weapons in service prior to D-Day for them to have had a war-changing impact.

I don't think so, if they had them in good numbers ready for the Battle of Bulge they could have given their tanks on the ground a chance. Lets face it, it was air superiority that stopped the Germans from pushing us back to the beaches.

plan_D said:
I don't think so, if they had them in good numbers ready for the Battle of Bulge they could have given their tanks on the ground a chance. Lets face it, it was air superiority that stopped the Germans from pushing us back to the beaches.

Yeah. Think about the Dieppe assault in 1942. The AEAF (Allied Expeditionary Air Force) didn't realy covered the infantery. That's why the Canadian "Essex Scotish" regiment was almost exterminated (I think only 10 or 12 soldiers from this regiment survived). Great-Britain has lost a lot of commandos and tanks on the beach, and the operation was a failure.

It taught us a lot though. The main reason that was a failure was the artillery batteries that covered the beaches, that we had no clue about.

i think they did need them for D-Day, it was their best chance of stopping us, think about it, if you stop us in the channel it's a very small area to cover, but once we start to spread out, we become harder to find and stop...............

Obviously that had been the best place, but if they had the equipment in the air during the Battle of the Bulge they would have pushed us back to the Channel, they only got stopped by their lack of air power.

If our ground armies didn't have air support the Germans would have pushed us back, they were using the same tactic as in 1940. If it worked then with inferior numbers it would have worked in 1944.

Well, you read that big essay I did on the invasion plan of France, right? Well that was the 1940 plan, the Battle of Bulge plan resembled that plan.
The Germans were to push through the Ardennes (like in 1940) and cause a wedge between the Allied army, and capture their vital fuel supplies. In 1940 (when the plan worked) as in 1944 they were outnumbered, however in 1944 the Germans were beaten by air power, the early days show the effectivness of the strike, and this was because of bad weather causing the Allied Air Force to stay grounded. After that the Germans were forced to move at night, and be strafed during the day. If the Germans had their aircraft up they could have given their ground army the support it needed.

No it's not. Although it does have SOME historical accuracy it is too Hollywood for me.
Band of Brothers has been the best view of the Battle of the Bulge for me. And that's only from the 101st Airbornes point of view. I'd like to see one for an armoured group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back