Curtis Hawk 75A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Curtis 75A Hawk Performance Document found here but uploaded here for those that wish to download it from here. Document here has had the file size reduced for easier viewing and downloading.

= Cave Tonitrum =

Attachments

• H75-A_folder.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 703
Thanks a lot, Micdrow!
H 75A is one of my favorite a/c and it is very interesting to see these manufacture's figures, which BTW Finns thought were very optimistic.

Juha

Thanks a lot, Micdrow!
H 75A is one of my favorite a/c and it is very interesting to see these manufacture's figures, which BTW Finns thought were very optimistic.

I was looking at the climb performance according to pilot notes. At sea rate it reaches 3900ft/min, which is rather exceptional in 1939-40. It is actually higher than Bf 109 E and Spitfire Mk I. Was this confirmed by units in the frontline or it just corresponds to a manufacturer test with a very lightly armored/protected aircraft? Other tests at wwiiaircraftperformance with different propellers are nowhere near that performance.

P-36 Flight Tests

See Handbook of Operation and Flight Instructions for the Models P-36A and P-36C Pursuit Airplanes

Look at here for the french Hawk, testing by Armée de l'Air:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aircraft-requests/curtiss-hawk-75a-1-2-a-3538.html#post1144200
the best climb rate of H75A1 at sea level was 4300ft/min (21,9m/s),weight 2680kg

with these following "movable" weights, (the armor plates was a part of ac):
pilot 200#
fuel 630#
oil75#
machine gun fuselage and his ammunition (wing guns not mounted)146#
radio 73#
oxygen inhaler 22#
signal pistol 3#

the total weight reaches= 2705kg

Hello Warof. Many thanks for the data. I guess that the Curtiss's big wing helped with the climb rate. Do you know where I can find more information on that French trial (apart from the link you gave)? I have seen tests for Bf 109 but never for Curtiss.

Hello,

do you read french langage?

With the help of google translate, and some my editing, the ending passage reads this:

Users who are viewing this thread