D-Day Spitfire BBMF (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Royzee617

Tech Sergeant
Apr 6, 2005
MK UK
dspace.dial.pipex.com
Something form last year's TV coverage of the anniversary of DDay.

Nice video shame about the commentary.

Attachments

• d-day-bbmf-spit2a_794.wmv
    15.7 MB · Views: 230
Outstanding! Seeing the Lancaster fly-past was a bit stirring, I must say! Thanks for posting this Roy. Watching the Spitfire display was terrific also.:thumbleft:

Incidentally, a great uncle of mine was part of the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion that went in with 6th British Airborne, so it was gratifying to hear that mentioned as well. :cool:

Its great to see haw proud fill english people about their roll in ww2. I spend last two summers in leeds,(and there I will be the next...), and its really easy to find the popies everywhere....

That 'historian' didn't have a clue! First off, they weren't Bf-109s, they were Fw-190A8s. Secondly, that wasn't all the Allied Air Forces saw of the Luftwaffe on 6th June. Thirdly, why weren't the Canadians mentioned on the beach landings?

I got annoyed and stopped watching it because he said "Britain and U.S landings on the beaches..." I know, who'd think I'd get annoyed because someone forgot to mentioned Canada? Hell, I forgot them in my Spitfire speech... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back