Daimler Benz Project C (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here you go. But it was never built only planned.

This design dates from early 1945, and was also to be a carrier aircraft (like the Daimler Benz Project "A"). The Daimler Benz Project "C" was basically the Daimler Benz Project "B" without the single jet engine bomber attached. The wing was straight with a taper on the outer wing leading edge, and featured pronounced anhedral on the inner wing sections and dihedral outboard of the high, fixed landing gear. Six DB 603 piston engines provided the power, four pulling and two pushing. There were two different parasite manned missiles that could be carried by this aircraft, the Daimler Benz Project "E" and the Daimler Benz Project "F".
http://www.luft46.com/db/dbbombc.html

i have the book luftwaffe secret projects: strategic bombers 1935-1945 by dieter herwig and heinz rode and do not mention that project only a and b, wher did you find it

Great books I have the whole series too.

I found the info on that link and I have several other books that talk about it. Project C was just to be a continuation of the A and the B. It was basically the same thing with modifications and without the jet engine bomber. It never materialized either though. All it was meant to be was a continued development and did not happen.

A bit late, but ever since I first saw this request a bell has been ringing at the back of my mind; I knew I'd seen something about a Daimler-Benz project somewhere, but couldn't put my finger on it. Well, I've just found it! It's not what you'd call the most definitive or authoritative bit of evidence I've ever seen, but they must have got their information from somewhere. Here it is:

Attachments

• d-b_project_f_341.jpg
    d-b_project_f_341.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 764
Here's a small image of what the project may have looked like.

Gray.

Attachments

• db_proj_e_104.jpg
    db_proj_e_104.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 932
so i guess project a, b, and prototype c were meant to be "carriers" and e + f were were parasite bombers that launced themselves off the carriers. and i know that there wasnt supposed to be a project d.

BTW i heard about it in the xbox game "secret weapons over normandy". its like the final boss in the game and is absolutely HUGE.

hey someone whos good at airplane model building should try to recreate it *hint hint hint hint hint*.

well, give some drawings of the project and i can try to do a model, but i can not promise any success

sorry but the only pictures that could help you build a model are the ones provided from the other people. But if you were to rent the game and get to the final boss and pause while fighting it, you could get a good look at it I think. Dont worry though, the game is pretty easy. But thats if you have an xbox or ps2 ( I think its for ps2 too, i just can't remember). Otherwise if anyone else could provide pictures that would be great.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Yeah it is the last boss in the game. It is acutally quite a fun game, not realistic but fun.
Yeah, great fun. Gotta love shooting down mistels 8)

turdfergusen22 said:
sorry but the only pictures that could help you build a model are the ones provided from the other people. But if you were to rent the game and get to the final boss and pause while fighting it, you could get a good look at it I think. Dont worry though, the game is pretty easy. But thats if you have an xbox or ps2 ( I think its for ps2 too, i just can't remember). Otherwise if anyone else could provide pictures that would be great.

mmm, i do not have nor x box or ps2, just the pc

Here are some drawings of Project "A", "B", "B" Test Bomber, "C", "E", and "F".

"E" and "F" being the bombers carried by "A", "B", and "C".

This images are from www.Luft46.com

Attachments

• project-f_105.jpg
    project-f_105.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 626
  • project-e_163.jpg
    project-e_163.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 698
  • project-c_980.jpg
    project-c_980.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • project-btestbomber_177.jpg