DB605 fuel pump

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Barry

Airman
Can anyone out there with a DB605 spare parts list tell me if part number 9-2002 J-2 is a DB605 part number. It should be for the Kraftstoff-Forderpump (fuel pump). I haven't gotten my DB605 Kompendium from Hafner yet (he's out until September 12).

Thanks for any help.

Can anyone out there with a DB605 spare parts list tell me if part number 9-2002 J-2 is a DB605 part number. It should be for the Kraftstoff-Forderpump (fuel pump). I haven't gotten my DB605 Kompendium from Hafner yet (he's out until September 12).

Thanks for any help.
Hi,
I know that this is a very old question but, it might be useful to some people today and, maybe Barry?
The DB601, 603 and 605 fuel pumps were the ZD500 B or E until late in the war. The main difference is that the B had a cast steel body, the E was aluminium. The RLM numbers for these pumps are 9-2002 B and 9-2002 E. Now, I have examined the 9-2002 J-2 type pump in question. This is is an alloy bodied pump, very similar to the 9-2002 E. However, the porting holes on the delivery side are slightly different. The general appearance is of a very late war part. The main difference is that the pumping gears are only half the width of the B and E versions and this would give about half the flowrate at the same speed ie about 250 l/hr per side instead of the approx 500 l/hr per side of the B and E. The late war pump for some versions of DB 603 and DB 605 was the ZD 1500 / 9-2433 A which was a larger capacity pump.
I have not found an application for the 9-2002 J-2 pump. It would not have a high enough flow rate for a large engine but, it might suit something in the 500-800hp range. Also. it might have had an application as a light oil pump, possibly for a jet engine. These pumps have been for sale so, you might see them. If anyone can find an application for the 9-2002 J-2 pump, it would be great to post the info.

Cheers

Eng

Users who are viewing this thread

Back