DC-3/C-47 detailed drawing (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Peter Ewbank has been helping set makers for the new James Bond movie with their DC-3 (s). Use google, you'll find him on eBay.

Hi everyone,

Does any one know where I can get a good cutaway / profile of a C47TP for comparison purposes?

Thank in advance for all your help.

Does any one know where I can get a good cutaway / profile of a C47TP for comparison purposes?
Not a whole heap of difference. The fuselage is split between FS 177.5 and FS 195.5, with a 40" plug being inserted. In the new aircraft the tip of the nose is now FS -40 instead of FS 0. All stations forward of the split are now labelled as an FS of 40 less than original, eg FS 86 becomes FS 46. New frames at FS 177.5 and FS 155.5 (new numbering), original structure restarts at FS 137.5 (old FS 177.5)

The wing is externally the same, except for strengthening on the underside of the wing attachment join. The new engine mounts start at the old firewall, although there is now an additional fuel tank and a new firewall forward of the old firewall. Props are now at about FS 70, with thrust line tilted down.

If you are looking for accurate Dak drawings, have a good look at the "tec004.tif" drawing on the link in the post above. According to the info on the drawing, Douglas made blueprints available to them. I have about 90% of the manufacturing drawings for the C47, and can confirm that the Maircraft drawing is very accurate with regards to the dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back