De Schelde unknown bomber

hesham

Airman
22
0
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Hi,

can anyone ID this De Schelde unknown bomber project?,I don't know the period
of this aircraft.

de 1.jpg


de 2.jpg
 
No they are dutch. De Schelde was a Dutch aircraft and shipbuild company actually based in my hometown. The bomber was very probable designed in the late '30 ies. Don't think it has been build though, it was probably just a concept. Looking at the lines it seems to be developped from the Pander Postjager (Pander aircraft division was bought by De Schelde in 1934), so the design must have been made after that. I'll see if I can dig some info up for you.
 
Last edited:
Yes, seems likely it, maybe an early design? AFAIK de S.19 had a twin tail, much like the Fokker G.1. Never saw a picture, though.
 
Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I suspect in the De Schelde designation from S.15 to S.18.
 
Last edited:
Not much is known about these types, so good luck and I'll be very interested if you find anything.
Could be one of the types that De Schelde designed as a competitor to Fokker's G.2. In that case it isn't a bomber but a "Jachtkruiser", a multi-role aircraft.
Where did you find this picture?
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back