Decal disaster! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you have Micro Sol or set, you should try a combo with the two on one of those options.

I use both anyways.

My HH60-H I used Tamiyas TS spray paint as my final color, then decals, then TS clear flat over and it worked a treat.
In fact, I tried removing a decal after a day, just from the final color and Couldn't. It was stuck fast! No future!

I'm about to use future for the first time as well. After applying a coat of future to seal the decals in, can I paint over the coat with something like Tamiya's XF-86 Flat Clear? Would this need to be thinned at all, or can I simply put a thin layer over the sealing layer of future?

The Future is nothing more but an acrylic gloss varnish. So applying of the Tamiya acrylic matt clear dope shouldn't cause anything. Apart from, getting of the matt final effect. If you use an airbrush for applying of the Tamiya coat , it has to be thinned of course. If you didn't use that I would suggest to thin it a little bit only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back