Details of a german Flightstik (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Redwulf__1

Recruit
Nov 21, 2012
I have some technical Details of a german Flightstick. From what I know was the stick used in a Focke Wulf D Modell, possibly a late D 9 or D 11 from 220XXX Werknumber Series. I dont have a photo of it, just the technical details from a plate....
It says

Baumuster: KG 12 E ( I think thats the stick Number ) Translation =Model)
Geräte Nummer: 10256E ( device number
Werk Nr.: 733 ( plant
Anforderer: Fl or Fi 47945-3 (Not sure if it is a India or Lima) if the second letter is a India it could be Fiseler (requester
Hersteller: 09K (Manufacturer

I hope to identify the plane behind this, maybe someone has a list of Manufacturers or anything that could decrypt one or all numbers..

I think the first one......, but as far i can see...no chance to assign it to its aircraft....
The details got transmitted by a former Luftwaffe Pilot, flying a Focke Wulf...
he explained it as a Focke Wulf D with MW 50 ( would be a late 1945 D9 )
Or a FW 190 D with MK 108 and MG 151, could be a D 11.

Last edited:
Oh yes .. any Dora rather but Bf 110. The Fw 190D control stick was the KG 13B or C as memo serves. The pilot could be moved from Bf 110 unit to the squadron used the Fw 190D. Especially at the end of the war.

well, to bring a bit light into darkness

Iam researching, among others, the Platzschutz of JV 44. I dont know if you got informed that at least 2 FW 190 D 11 were used in JV 44. First is the coded red 4, the second is the this year on picture found red 2... both D 11. The planes were only equipped with inner wing MG 151, but NO MK 108, because it is believed that these planes had R4M racks under the wings before they came to JV 44.. Both planes have a 220xxx Werknumer. We know from Red4 that it came out from Sorau, then JG 110, possibly G.d.J Bad Wörrishoven und then to JV 44. Red 2 was found in a scrap yard in Bad Aibling, not far away from Bad Wörrishoven. It is my believe that there were 7 Doras with the Platzschutz. The Pilot iam talking about stated in an interview in 1995, that he was the last Pilot of Red 7, a Dora. He parked it unclear at 28.04.1945 at Munich Riem. From a commanders writing in 2/1945 i could read that the signer added 7 more planes to JV 44, also plus 7 more Pilots.... so if we count the know Doras of JV 44 Reds 1,2,3,4,13 PLUS a named Red 5 and Red7 we had a count of 7. It was my blieve to identify the last plane with the stick details, to find possibly a red 7.

Anforderer: Fl or Fi 47945-3 (Not sure if it is a India or Lima) if the second letter is a India it could be Fiseler (requester
Wrk nr is item, not plant
One cannot deduce what plane ot came from from this info. Rarely a wrknr of the plane was painted on.
Hersteller were letters code i believe.

Ohh and remember the soviets continued producing these sticks. Lot of them are now fake german ones in collections.

I have some technical Details of a german Flightstick. From what I know was the stick used in a Focke Wulf D Modell, possibly a late D 9 or D 11 from 220XXX Werknumber Series. I dont have a photo of it, just the technical details from a plate....
It says

I hope to identify the plane behind this, maybe someone has a list of Manufacturers or anything that could decrypt one or all numbers..
Your stick has probably had a plate like this one:
file.jpg

file.jpg

The Werk Nr. is the serial of the stick so yours was manufactured earlier than this one.
IMHO it's from a Bf-110.
Check this:
CONTROL STICK:
The Messerschmitt Bf 110 E/F/G subtypes used a KG 12E (Knüppelgriff 12E) control stick. It had the Fl-number Fl 47945 (Gerät-Nr. 102-56E).

Last edited:
Its getting confusing now. So far i cant add this stick to its assigned aircraft. Right now I concentrate in researching the Bundesarchiv for JV44 messages and orders, also with help of others i try to find old pictures from Airfields Ainring, Bad Aibling, Bad Wörrishofen, Munich Riem and Salzburg Maxglan, if possible Innsbruck Hötting. Iam on search for Codes red 5 or/and red7 Focke Wulf 190 D9/ or D11.. Maybe this Forum can help too...

Regards

I am not shure that the KG 12 was in the FW190 at all. The one you are refering to is the KG12E-and that was used in aircrafts with a autopilot mounted. The Dora´s for JV44 protection was not equiped with autopilots. The Doras's for Reich defence was planned to use autopilot K23 and would have had a KG13R fighter grip. This never materialise, as the K23 was only at a prototype stage / start of series production at the end of the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back