Dewoitine D.520 question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi,
I started very recently to build a model of the D.520 and I will start a thread in the relevant session as soon as I have some picture done, but I have some problems in understanding how the cockpit was arranged.
So I tried to purchase a copy of this magazine

Aero Journal.JPG

but I was unable to find one so far.
Does anybody have one copy and can help me with pages concerning the cockpit?

Many thanks in advance
Alberto

Hi,
I started very recently to build a model of the D.520 and I will start a thread in the relevant session as soon as I have some picture done, but I have some problems in understanding how the cockpit was arranged.
So I tried to purchase a copy of this magazine

View attachment 246178

but I was unable to find one so far.
Does anybody have one copy and can help me with pages concerning the cockpit?

Many thanks in advance
Alberto

I don't have the magazine but this, from Docavia's book on the D.520, might help

D520internal-1.gif

View attachment D.520 internal.pdf

Many thanks to all but specially to Wurger for the amount of information!
In your opinion, was the cockpit floor only partially existing?
I got two resin parts, one out of the box and the other from the Contact Resine kit.
I did a scan of the two parts.

cockpit floor.jpg

The first is from Azur, the second is CR.
Which one is correct in your opinion?

Again, many thanks
Alberto

I think the one of the CR is the proper one. However it needs to be a little bit corrected because the D.520 cockpit floor wasn't it in the literal sense. It was a kind of structure integrated with the inner parts of the fuselage frame.

image007.jpg

Fine, that's the confirmation I needed!
That's also mean that I will have to take care a little bit of fuselage sides, behind the "floor", in case it will be somehow visible.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back