Digital mockup Fokker G-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
Hi,

I'm working as a webmaster for the Fokker G-1 association. This is a group of people who recently released two historic books about this aircraft and have been working on a historic replica for the last few years. There are almost no drawings left and absolutely no real aircraft, so everything has to be redesigned. The group is in the middle of that process, which will take some time. We've put some of the CAD drawings on our website for people interested. You can find that at Digitale mockup - Digitale mockup

We also have a description of the design process, in dutch, but google translate can help, here: Het ontwerp proces

Any questions can be asked by the contact form on this website. Enjoy.

Great attempt, Marcel.
It's a miracle to restore it from no drawings.

I am also attempting such a digital mockup of a lost old biplane day by day.
I have completed only 25% at most taking 5 months.

I want to see your work with material skin so that it looks more real.

Hi Marcel,

I remember reading about this over 5 heards agoo. Pretty challaging especially since there is no real subject around. Unlike the me262 and fw 190 projects. Are you guys going for a Mercurius or a Wasp version?

Don't know if there are interchangeable party's between the d21 and the g1, might be worth checking out the d21 wreck in Aalsmeerder Brug?

Keep up the good work.

Btw got part2 of the book today. Shame most other members can't read Dutch.

Chrzzzz

Great attempt, Marcel.
It's a miracle to restore it from no drawings.

I am also attempting such a digital mockup of a lost old biplane day by day.
I have completed only 25% at most taking 5 months.

I want to see your work with material skin so that it looks more real.
hi Sinpachi, it's not my work, it's done by Pim Pouw, who is a professional aircraft designer who used to work with Fokker. The mockup is actually a real redesign of the aircraft with the idea of building one.

@Rank amateur
The idea is to build the mercury type, the big G-1 which for the Dutch is the "real" G-1. There won't be any real Mercury engines in it, as they are rare, expensive and not fit for the intended purpose of flying at airshows (low altitude). The idea is to use P&W R1340 engines. The building of the aircraft is still a dream. Designing is painfully slow, info still lacking and if the design is ready, we still have this little problem of funds. We still need donors by the way ;)

The book is a good read. I still hope they'll make an english one. You also,got the first part?

Last edited:
@Rank amateur
The idea is to build the mercury type, the big G-1 which for the Dutch is the "real" G-1. There won't be any real Mercury engines in it, as they are rare, expensive and not fit for the intended purpose of flying at airshows (low altitude). The idea is to use P&W R1340 engines. The building of the aircraft is still a dream. Designing is painfully slow, info still lacking and if the design is ready, we still have this little problem of funds. We still need donors by the way ;)

Great, the Mercurius G1 is really the only real one. I think any vintage ww2 aero engine should be priceless. if I remember correctly the Canadian Bolingbrokes have Mercuries aswell? Probably different verslon though, but they do attend flyshows. In all honesty, IT would be pretty amazing just to have a decent non flying G1. Could be considered as the epithomy of Dutch prewar aircraft design.

The book is a good read. I still hope they'll make an english one. You also,got the first part?[/QUOTE]

I ordered part 1 but got part 2. I'm waiting for part 1 now. Should have It next week. If enough people show interest, an english editing is always an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back