Diorama prep

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Might happen sooner than intended old chap!
I've been looking for a Hobbycraft MkXIV Spit, then saw the announcement of the forthcoming Airfix PR19, so thought I'd get that and convert it.
Well, just this morning, I was measuring up possibilities for the box, using the Hobbycrfat MkXIV I converted into a PR19 about 20 years ago (!), and I dropped the bl**dy thing!
As this is now without wheels, gear legs and a couple of prop blades, methinks I might be pulling it apart slightly (in order to get a pilot into the office), and converting it back into a MkXIV, for use in the diorama!

Let them get the Spit family sorted in 1/48th scale, then we can shout for 1/48th scale Halifax, Hampden, Whitley, Stirling, a decent Lancaster, Hudson, Blenheim, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane MkII, Whirlwind, Ventura, Meteor F8, bring bsack their Mossie family, and add a few more. That should keep them busy until around 2025 !!!

I haven't either! Not even in manufacturer-sponsored magazines, or in kit boxes (with the sole exception of Hobbycraft 20 years ago). Would make sense, and make marketing/sales forecasting much easier, if manufacturers did canvas actual modellers - the ones who build seriously, not the ones manufacturers think are their main market (the youngsters or 'passing' trade). If you work out how many kits the average serious modeller buys, and probably stashes, per year, then multiply that by region, country, continent etc, it'll come to a fair chunk of overall production.
Ask the users of the material, not the marketing 'whizz kids' !!

Well, you know, Blackbeards, Black Russians, Black Widows, all nice drinks....why do I like drinks with Black in their names? Hmmm... :lol:

Btw, always get two bottles of wine, one red, one white, which I dump on my friends, the case of beer that we get, I keep for myself! :lol:

Hey, All,
Terry, THANK YOU for all the input. I do appreciate your time and knowledge. I just need to get my finishing skills re-honed. I had a darn nice build going on a Mk V Spit when I decided "What the hell, let's spray 5 coats at once on the underside." Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. That brought my 109 and Spit builds to a grinding halt. I have a couple of cheaper Revell kits on the bench now. I am doing a strict OOB build on both. Using these to get my finishing skills back in shape. I hope to have them both completed and finished within the next week or two (way busy at work). Once I am happy with those, back to the BoB birds.
I am glad to see this thread has grown to the extent it has.
Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back