**** DONE - 1/48 A6M2-N "Rufe" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good Charles, now before you put the canopy on paint the rear upper decking the same colour as the cowling.

Hmmm... I thought that was painted the same color (pale green) as the interior of the cockpit !

OK, that will get painted today, albeit by hand. Thanks.... BTW, canopy almost done.

Charles

The Rufe is pretty well finished. Today I installed the canopy, the antenna mast and antenna. I had to do some touch up around the canopy, with a brush, so in the morning I will brush on some clear coat, and in the late morning will take the finished pic's. BTW, I removed that damn ladder. I kept knocking it off anyway, so it's off to stay.

Charles

May i say excellent job Charles. I think you are a strong possibility of winning in our classification.

It really is a lovely looking work Charles, well done

Okay, lads, here is the finished product. Unfortunately I screwed up a pristine paint job by touching up the starboard side, under the canopy, with a brush.
Trust me, the Rufe was a learning experience.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2289.JPG
    DSC_2289.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_2290.JPG
    DSC_2290.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_2291.JPG
    DSC_2291.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_2292.JPG
    DSC_2292.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_2293.JPG
    DSC_2293.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_2294.JPG
    DSC_2294.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_2295.JPG
    DSC_2295.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_2296.JPG
    DSC_2296.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_2297.JPG
    DSC_2297.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 77
That's really excellent Charles, including the 'touched-up' area. If this is your first plastic kit, then by kit number 4 you'l be laughing, and by number 10 a champion!!

That's really excellent Charles, including the 'touched-up' area. If this is your first plastic kit, then by kit number 4 you'll be laughing, and by number 10 a champion!!

This is the very first scale plastic model that I've completed. I started a Kingfisher, but got disgusted with it. I did learn quite a bit with this build, especially that part about reading the instructions. I'm afraid my patience are too thin.

Also I noticed the fuselage starboard side "meatball" started to lift up. A little moisture solved that problem.

Charles

Last edited:
She looks fantastic Charles. Since this was a "learning" experiance, it implies that you will use what you have learned on your next build. Do a F4F Wildcat next. The're fun and cute.

I agree, no bull**** here, you have done an excelent job! Even more impressive as a first effort!
Please consider future builds.
(I agree with the wildcat suggestion, they are fun and cute)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back