**** DONE - 1/48 A6M2-N "Rufe" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me too!
Have you decided what paint scheme yet?
These are cool looking crates in any colors!

Have decided to paint it in the early (Aug-Nov 1942) color scheme of the IJN's 5th Naval Air Group, Kiska Seaplane Base, Aleutian Islands. My tutors tell me this is Tamiya XF-76.

Took these tonight, I think the float will stay on, now. Hope to get to the hobby shop tomorrow to get the paint.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2270.JPG
    DSC_2270.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_2271.JPG
    DSC_2271.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 66
Just finished painting the Rufe.... the IJN light gray (Model Master's FS-36492). Pic's in the morning after it dries good.

Note to Wayne: Is this FS-36492 suppose to be a gloss light gray ? Mine came out a very flat.

Color me confused...

Charles

Last edited:
Looking sweet Charles. Might just have to get me one of those.

You can get one here: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tamiya 1/48 Nishikisuisen Rufe (right side of page)
for $10.87 usd (plus shipping).

Edit 3/22: I painted the Rufe last night with the IJN Light Gray. The plane hung in the garage all night, but it rained all night and the garage is not heated. So, today I hung it in the sun for about 3.5 hours. Just took some pic's, and hope today to get the cowl and prop on, paint the trim tabs and the guns and lights. Maybe even get the decals on too. Now comes the piddly stuff, pitot tube, gun sight, canopy, etc.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2272.JPG
    DSC_2272.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_2273.JPG
    DSC_2273.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_2274.JPG
    DSC_2274.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Had some time to myself, today. Got the engine, bombs cowl attached, attached the pitot tube, painted the guns, intake and the trim tabs. Ready for the clear coat...... maybe tomorrow.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2275.JPG
    DSC_2275.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_2276.JPG
    DSC_2276.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back