**** DONE: 1/48 He 162A-2 Volksjäger - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Washed the sprues last night and cut off some of the major parts for test fitting. Hope to start putting on some interior paint in the next day or two.

AM 60 - Heinkel He162A-2 - WNr.120074 - coded "White 11" of JG1 - struck off charge August 1947

demuth.jpg

The view of Eric Brown on flying the He162

Attachments

• Eric Brown - Flying the He 162.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
Lots of good pictures there and very timely since I'm starting to do the painting on the cockpit, thanks

And all Thoes kill marks were scored in other aircraft. It does look cool though, the only He-163 with kill marks that I've seen.

Wow... that referenced build was amazing! Bummed I can't see the final pics though. Reminded me of another great 162 build that I saw on Hyperscale a few years back by a guy named Klaus Herrold.

Last edited:
I've been fighting the main gear well for quite a few days now and finally got it licked. Nothing seemed to fit and it took a couple of big globs of super glue (where it won't been seen) to make the gear legs stable enough to be able to hold the weight of the plane. Defiantly a lot more work here that I thought it would be.
P2291744.JPG
P2291745.JPG

Wile all that was going on I also built the nose gear assembly and painted the wheels and seat back
P2291743.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back