**** DONE: GB-39 1/72 Bf109E-3 Obfw. J.Arnoldy - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all! It's been slow progress because I'm finishing a Special hobby Beaufort RAAF colours. By I'm trying to finish this one by the end of the month (hopefully)
Cheers

Hi all

Here some update with the slats:

IMG_1455.jpg

1st attempt. I had to re-do it. The slats locations were wrong. See photo reference below.

Slats_Me109E-4.jpg

This drawing (thanks Eduardo Brettas for the help) shows exactly where the slats are positioned.

Asa_-_Bf_109_E_08.jpg

Here is the real deal. The slat is fully extended in the photo above.

After discovering I had made a mistake with the slats positioning I scrapped it and started again. Here I used a tip I got from a fellow modeller Luftwaffe esperten Mr Brettas (you can find his fine works here: Harpias e Águias da Luftwaffe by E. Brettas ). He told me to glue a piece of fine plastic in the overall extension of the slat, then drill the a hole for positioning the slats openings and cut the excess with a sharp hobby knife. So that's what I have tried to do.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

Comments and critics are welcome

Cheers

Paulo

Great work Paulo!

You'd be interested to see the 1:72 ICM kit - same kit! Not sure which came first.
The ICM kit offers closed and sectioned canopies, though quality (clarity) is not as good as Tamiya's canopy.

Cheers too for the heads up re the Beaufort! Got their Mk.I/II in the stash, as 489 (NZ) sqn. used them.

Looking forward to further progress here!

Hi Paulo, it improved a lot and you get a very well replacement of those slats.
I will be pending to what follows (and more now that I started with a 109G) :D

Saludos cordiales, amigo :thumbup:

Thanks all! It's been fun to build this kit and now that I solved this issue it will be pretty much straight forward.I already fixed the wings in place, no adjustments were necessary. Very nice fit indeed.
More updates to come.
Cheers and thanks for following it.

Very nice! The slats look great, and so does the cockpit. Which decals will you be using? That's a cool emblem with the grim reaper...

I have done some more progress but not worth sharing. I just installed the wings to the fuselage, perfect fit not putty needed. and the nose radiator, also perfect fit. I'm now working on the canopy masking and will be painting soon.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back