**** DONE: GB-50 1:48 B-26C - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Username : rochie
First name : Karl
Category : intermediate
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model :Monogram B-26 C
Extras :none

Monogram 85-5529 B26ex+.jpg

i started this kit in February 2016 for GB 26, it been used to test paint colours since then and as its survived 3 house moves i thought it would be fitting to finish it.

originally it was going to be a NMF bird called Barracuda with D-Day stripes and a shark mouth but i messed up the paint so i will now use the other scheme in the box "Mild and Bitter" the first B-26 to survive 100 missions.

as the kit stands now !

B-26.jpg
B-26-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks chaps.

just spent 40ish minutes putting all 12 of the decals on, pleased to report all behaved flawlessly even though the nose ones were rather large with lots of clear carrier film, all have had a coat of microsol and are now being left to dry.

Pics later

still one to go on the nose wheel door and some on the props but will tackle them probably tomorrow

Thanks guys.

always liked that build of yours Terry and pics of that one appeared when i was looking for references on how weathered mild and bitter was.

how far ive progressed today.

received_260297195794131.jpeg
received_236698811575783.jpeg
received_470233837591167.jpeg
received_178265084161575.jpeg

Really looking the part now Karl, and good see the code letter decals went on OK. I seem to recall that mine crinkled or split, nd I ended up hand-painting them - something I couldn't do these days !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back