**** DONE: GB-52 1/72 B-24H Hotcha Baby/ Me Worry!!?- Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While a very nice job on your model, it is not an H or ANY Ford B-24 under any circumstances. It is closest to a Block 185 Consolidated B-24J or later - except for the "Ford S" you scribed.

Sorry.

Alan Griffith
Author "Consolidated Mess, Vol I"

While a very nice job on your model, it is not an H or ANY Ford B-24 under any circumstances. It is closest to a Block 185 Consolidated B-24J or later - except for the "Ford S" you scribed.

Sorry.

Alan Griffith
Author "Consolidated Mess, Vol I"
41-28935 was a Douglas-Tulsa built B-24H-15-DT according to Joe Baugher's web site. The kit I used was of a B-24J so I made the major modifications I thought were necessary and that I was able to carry out in 1/72nd scale. The photos I had of the aircraft showed the Ford nose, so modified that. It also showed the absences of the small windows aft of the bombardier's windows so I closed them up. It also showed the aft frame of the bombardier's window with a slant that seemed to be typical of the Ford nose kit. This window seemed to extend further aft than the window in the B-24J kit I was using and it would have been very difficult to duplicate it exactly so I masked the slanted aft frame resulting in the window being the right shape but smaller. The last thing I got from the photos was that it had open waist windows unlike most of the pictures of B-24H's I have seen, but that meant that I left the kit windows as is in the open position.
I have your book and consider it the best reference around on the B-24 and am hoping you come out with one for the earlier model B-24's. I would be very interested to know what other modifications I should have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back