**** DONE: GB-52 1/72 B-24H Hotcha Baby/ Me Worry!!?- Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was up late last night getting all the decals on. They are all my home made decals with the exception of the national insignia and the bow tie symbols on the tail which are from the AeroMaster "Liberators Galore" sheet.
The home made decals were printed on clear decal paper. I had also made up a set on white decal paper with the intention of putting on a white backed decal first and covering it with the clear like I did on my Heavy Hitters II build but trimming out the picture was turning out to be very fiddly so having printed up extra decals, I decided to try just a single layer of clear backed decals and with the silver paint it turned out Ok so I went with it.

P1013562.JPG
P1013563.JPG
P1013564.JPG
P1013565.JPG
P1013567.JPG
P1013568.JPG

This morning so far I installed the guns in the nose and tail turrets after some major panic as I had misplaced the turret clear parts having put them in a safe dust free location after dipping them in Future. It took me an hour to locate them during which I considered giving up on the entire project, but I found them in the end.
They still need to have the seams sanded & polished and then masked and painted.
I'm still trying to get everything finished by tomorrow night but it will be into next week before I get the final pictures taken and the finished thread up.

P1013569.JPG

Five hours working on it tonight and its finished!!!
I forgot to take pictures as I went along tonight but here's a picture as she sits now, on her back to let the gear legs dry.
If I have time before work tomorrow I'll take a few shots of her on her feet and then post the finish thread and pictures tomorrow night.

P1013574.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back