**** DONE: GB-53 1/48 Bf-109F-4 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Wings and fuselage assembled together. Some work to get the good dihedral (or, IMHO, to be closest) :)
DSCN6018.JPGDSCN6019.JPG
:)

Hello,

Here is the work of the week:
Airframe almost ready for painting
DSCN6031.JPGDSCN6032.JPGDSCN6033.JPG

Some details...
DSCN6025.JPGDSCN6027.JPGDSCN6030.JPG

I made another set of landing gear... Most of the 109s during snowy winters had the lower part of the main undercarriage covers removed to avoid snow accumulation.
DSCN6023.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice Steph. I know you like details so I'll point out that the flexible break lines usually have a loop in them and are on the opposite side of the torque links, like this:
Yes Andy, I agree with you, normally it's like that but some photos I found in my books show the flexible brake lines behind when the lower part of the undercarriage covers is removed. Maybe not to expose them

I don't think that this way of doing concerning the flexible brake lines was systematic or common. On most of the photos we don't see but it seems that on the photo page 151 of the book "Hungarian Fighter Colors 1930-1945 Vol.1" by D. Bernad and G. Punka from MMP Books publishing, the flexible brake line is placed behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back