**** DONE: GB-59 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me three. There typically are charge points to fill liquid into the oleos if they have leaked an unacceptable amount of oil.

From j-aircraft.com….

Both Mitsubishi and Nakajima painted stripes on the outer side of the center landing gear strut cover. As weight was added to an airplane the compression of the oleos caused these markings to be progressively covered up. Mitsubishi painted three of these stripes, red, yellow and blue from top to bottom, while Nakajima only applied two of them, a red stripe painted on top of a blue stripe of double the width

Got it. The gear door is two parts at that point. Seems like a really clever way to check quickly for weight. The build is done but it's night here so no photos. I'm also time committed over the next several days so it will be Saturday (or Sunday) till I can post photos. I'll do all the done and finished posting then. Again, a thanks to all who looked, commented, and guided me on this project.

Image2.jpg

This is very different from any other build that I have done. If I ever do another build like this, I'll be sure to do the "peeled paint" with less obvious straight edges. The kit is excellent, Tamiya strikes a good balance between detail, part count, and price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back