**** DONE: GB-60 1/48 Avro Anson Mk.I - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had a light lunch. An apple with a slab of cheddar and some walnuts.

Ok me friends, we be done. I'll start with the props for which I used the kit parts despite their VERY crude shape. I filed and sanded the blades down a fair bit to make them thinner but they remain pretty thick. The kit included some really nice resin parts and it's a shame they didn't add more finely detailed props t the mix. The lipstick on the pig is the nice PE boss which adds some nice detail.

View attachment 766962

Here's one of the nav lights - pretty tiny and pingable clear parts.

View attachment 766964

The pressure gauge for the air system was made by drilling part way through the fuselage plastic before I glued the wings on. The finishing touch was to place a dab of gloss black paint in the hole.

View attachment 766965

Here's the nose area which I don't think I showed before. The little round ports got pretty crazed so don't look all that great.

View attachment 766969

Then it was on to a bit more weathering. The little Cheetah seemed to be an oil spewer based on pics I've looked at so I grunged up the areas behind the engines on both the top and bottom surfaces, if only to break up the big patches of yellow. This was done but holding my airbrush quite far from the surface and making short shots of thinned flat black paint onto the model.

View attachment 766963View attachment 766966View attachment 766967View attachment 766968

Satisfied with the results and not wanting to overdo things, I left things as is and took some final posed shots:

View attachment 766961View attachment 766970View attachment 766971View attachment 766972View attachment 766973View attachment 766974View attachment 766975

This was one of my most challenging builds. Though the fit of the parts was decent, the Classic Airframes kit is far from easy to put together and the instructions are terrible. The resin and PE parts are welcome for sprucing things up but in many cases are too delicate to be of practical use. The resin interior framing was warped and extremely fragile. The turret had some really nice details but unfortunately wasn't featured on my chosen subject. Maybe I can use the turret elsewhere in the future. If anyone wants to build a 1/48 Anson, I'd suggest that the CA kit should be attempted only by very experienced modellers who have lots of patience. The recent Airfix new tooled kit would be a much better choice for most folks.

I'd like to thank all those who followed along and also to those who offered detailed info and insight into this not-often-represented subject.
Very nice details my friend, and really a Masterpiece.

Congrats Master! =D>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back