Thanks a bunch folks. Still doing the catch-up to where I'm at now.
It was here that I made my big mistake. I had always wanted to try the hairspray method for wear and tear. So, after applying black to the panel lines, I gave it a good spray with the hairspray (the garage smelled like a bordello) thinking I could cut the top coat back too bare metal to show some wear and tear. "BIG, BIG MISTAKE" the hairspray has worked so well that I can't even cut back to the black and in reality I should have applied the hairspray before spraying the panel lines.
Top coat applied to the underside. I used a base of SMS P74 Azure Blue and toned it down with a light spray of Vallejo 71.257 Light Blue.
Very paint dependent it seems. I put a lot of hairspray on my Frank (too much as there was some reaction with the paint) and had to brush pretty hard with a cut-back paint brush to get the Tamiya paint off. Mind you, I left the paint to dry for several days - not intentionally but it's just how things worked out.
Thanks guys. Pushing on with the catch-up with another little mishap. Picked the aerial up, noticed it had a very slight bend and gave it a gentle nudge to straighten it.............................
Not a problem though, just fix up a nice new much firmer one.
Many thanks for the kind words folks. Now were at real spray time.
The beast is masked and the lighter sand colour applied, I used SMS PL75 Mid Stone.
The mask was removed with just a few minor fixings needed.
Next day the second darker camo applied, I used SMS PL34 Pilbara, again only a few minor touch-ups required. I also used an Abteilung 502 Liquid Mask to cover the lighter camo, I find the product flows better than most others, but sill gives a good protective cover, it is blue and you can see traces of it on the nose. Pilbara by the way is a region at the top end of Western Australia and is renowned for its rock colours which I guess this one was copied from.