**** DONE: GB-62 1/72 Spitfire Mk 21 Contraprop - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's how I get my colors custom mixed. Somewhere in the world is the object I want to recreate. Someone takes a picture, then puts it on the internet where I find it. I take a screen grab, and get an "average color because the picture is slightly different dots and put it in Photoshop. I then get an image of a paint sample and compare them. Hopefully I'm pretty close to what a tin of PRU Blue from RAF stock rooms would be. The mix is XF63 with a few drops of X4 blue. We have the frame, a tire, the Spitfire door, and the seat. I made paper belts by printing an image of seatbelts and adjusting the size.

YES SIR!!!
Done except for putting the top on. I briefly thought about adding the shift levers but even pins were too large. I looked for a tiny roundel for the front but no luck. The 1/144 ones are 2x to big. I have a sheet of British flag decals in all sizes (that I got 40 years ago) but naaa, just doesn't look right. A very light spray of XF-57 Buff on the bottom and wheels to get that dusty but not 4 wheelin look. I'm sure the trucks got washed but not every day. Ordered the Hasegawa pilot figure set, it's in so a trip to LHS tomorrow!!

Spitfire cockpit ready for a little weather and shadow. Still have to put the rudder pedals on but it's too hot up here on the 3rd floor for serious work.

Users who are viewing this thread