**** DONE: GB-70 1/32 Bf 109E-3 - WWII Spanish Civil War to Fall of France

Looks good so far!
 
Wings mostly done, a little fuss, the hinge points for the aliron were and issue until my brain kicked int and said, "Why don't you glue the hinge in and then do the the rest. GLUE's YOUR BOB!!!!!

2026-06-19_21-47-08_231.jpeg
 
What Geo said! :-)
 
Let me start by saying I LOTH installing an engine in a kit unless it's a diao or such. Now the kit manufacturer has designed it into the intrical part of the build. And NOW I have to determine how to get rid of it.....

Teh side cowl and the radiator vent housing.
2026-06-22_14-58-28_099.jpeg
2026-06-22_14-58-34_438.jpeg
2026-06-22_14-58-41_921.jpeg

Basic engine with the mounts and the exhaust
2026-06-22_14-58-45_923.jpeg
2026-06-22_14-58-55_321.jpeg

Radiator housing. not glued
2026-06-22_14-59-37_882.jpeg
2026-06-22_14-59-41_369.jpeg

Side cowlings glued on the engine around the exhaust
2026-06-23_13-00-41_768.jpeg
2026-06-23_13-00-48_109.jpeg

Little black wash in the radiator to stand out a bit (doubt it would ever be noticed.
2026-06-23_13-03-36_106.jpeg
2026-06-23_13-03-47_748.jpeg

Fit of the exhaust housing with out the radiator installed
2026-06-23_13-11-28_399.jpeg
2026-06-23_13-11-32_884.jpeg

OH and MY but it dosent fit with the radiator
2026-06-23_13-12-47_642.jpeg
2026-06-23_13-12-49_870.jpeg
2026-06-23_13-12-57_016.jpeg


Gotta figure this out.....
 
Hope the fix is relatively simple. Something no right for sure.
 
I feel like I should be being feed my last meal..... The fit of the forward section of this kit is DEPLORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I finally got the cowles put together and the engine ready to mount, err, well I thought I did..... As it is IT WILL NOT FIT PROPERLY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
2026-06-24_19-58-59_757.jpeg
2026-06-24_19-59-05_622.jpeg
2026-06-24_19-59-09_713.jpeg

So I had to cut the engine mounts off and all the stuff on the back of the engine...
2026-06-25_10-36-56_175.jpeg

The fuselage ready to mate the engine. I had to remove the ammo cans for the engine to mount.
2026-06-25_10-37-04_872.jpeg

Than I tryed to instll the gun cover cowl. OH BOY CAN WE ALL SAY FUN!!! I had to clamp and twist and contort the whole thing over and over and well you can see.....
2026-06-25_11-30-59_188.jpeg
2026-06-25_11-31-15_403.jpeg

I finally got every thing "together"
2026-06-25_21-26-23_938.jpeg
2026-06-25_21-26-35_378.jpeg

Seems I have a lot of body work to do....
2026-06-25_21-26-38_107.jpeg

Bottom is the cleanest mate.
2026-06-25_21-26-48_700.jpeg


All while the expert slept
2026-06-25_12-09-39_596.jpeg
 
Yikes
 
Well, you couldn't put it better yourself: Keep calm and carry on.
Nothing to add to that. Keep calm and carry on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back