**** DONE: GB-70 1/32 Bf 109E-3 - WWII Spanish Civil War to Fall of France

Looks good so far!
 
Putting done and cleaned up. shot a black lacquer over all and masked the engine exhaust and wing tips off. Wing tips are white and since I'm leaving the engine area black the primer should do. We'll see.....

2026-07-09_22-36-00_344.jpeg
2026-07-11_12-36-46_128.jpeg
2026-07-11_12-36-50_006.jpeg
2026-07-11_12-36-53_900.jpeg

Oh and Karl these are the saws we were discussing the other day.

Outter bow
2026-07-08_10-20-10_276.jpeg

streight
2026-07-08_10-20-15_840.jpeg

inward bow
2026-07-08_10-20-22_466.jpeg

and this is just a diffrent set from the same company Mad Works.
2026-07-08_10-20-36_435.jpeg
 
Looking good Don :thumbright:
Evan was it you I was talking about the saws or Karl?
 
Thanks guys Let's play "can you find the airplane"

2026-07-12_16-06-19_194.jpeg
2026-07-12_16-06-32_127.jpeg
 
Nice work so far!
 
OK the big revill How did my masking work? Short answer IT SUCKED. but it's dueable.
Had quite a bit of bleed over on the left outboard white on the top side. Already working on this.
2026-07-18_11-39-12_868.jpeg

Not so bad on the right.
2026-07-18_11-39-26_496.jpeg

I'll need clean up on the black all around the engine exhaust and down the wing. and the bottom horizontal stabs.
2026-07-18_11-39-36_294.jpeg
2026-07-18_11-39-47_702.jpeg
2026-07-18_11-39-57_289.jpeg

and bottom right wing tip.
2026-07-18_11-40-02_428.jpeg
 
It's not as easy as people think getting a clean straight masked edge, atleast in my experience. I constantly have to retouch the edging.
 
Very nice
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back