**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109G-10

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Banking/retirement schtuff. Vallejo Model Air 71.013, Yellow Olive (RLM83). Free handed, even around the left intake. Not the best but I'm very happy with it. For some reason I was having airbrush problems at the beginning. Only one minor bleed under at the rear of the wing/fuselage join on the bottom. Note mass balances on the bottom survived....so far

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

Not sure if the wheel wells should be RLM02 or NMF. I've seen other builds and both were used. I've already done the struts and inner gear covers in 02. This shall rest tonight and clear coat in the A.M.

Actually Wayne is right. The late war Bf 109G had the bottom crosses applied closer to the wing root. A kind of the refference line for the location of the underside national markings seems to be the slot between the aileron and flap or the inner edge/line of the narrow panel with the two round inspection hatches.

cross1.jpg

cross3.jpg

cross4.jpg

cross2.jpg

the pic source: the net.

I know Wayne is right. I knew the uppers were further in as per the instructions. I was also going by this in the Mushroom book, "Bf 109 Late Versions", 2010 but it seems this is only for the -6 and -14 and K. After seeing it like below many times I quit reading after page 54. I'll see if I have spares and figure out how to correct

1706377805842.png

Just soak them off if not sealed yet of course. Use a warm water. Later when can be able to move get some of the decal glue from the background paper pieces and apply it at the places where the markings are going to be settled down. Then slide the decals on the "water pillow" to the places. For moving use a brush.

Oh wow! I totally rely on the kit instructions to 'guide' me on placement. If I'm seeing some of these responses correctly, one needs to do some very serious research in detail!! For me, I'm in for the fun/pleasure of creating a model...if I'm not historically accurate, well then so be it. I just may have to start submitting under 'Intermediate' being not so accurate on my detail and all?

George...the build looks fantastic! Isn't that what we all want to achieve?

Thanks Ralph. Managed to remove the Future from one decal and ripped it off. Some Windex got free and went onto the upper wing and damaged the upper camo so a minor paint do over is in order but first the second of three hockey games to watch right now

Last edited:
Thank Ralph. Managed to remove the Future from one decal and ripped it off. Some Windex got free and went onto the upper wing and damaged the upper camo so a minor paint paint do over is in order but first the second of three hockey games to watch right now
Ouch! But watching your team, even if a loss, has to be better?? Wish I knew more about hockey other than how to spell PUC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back