Doubt 1/32 Il2 Hobby Boss (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VALENGO

Senior Airman
Hi all, I was watching pics of the Shturmovik exhibited in the Serb museum and there are two diagonal components in the main landing gear that are mirrored from port to starboard, but in the 1/32 Hobby Boss they are not mirrored (see pics), I suspect that it is a mistake of Hobby Boss, should I modify the model o they was constructed both ways?
Edit: thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20201112_223835.jpg
    20201112_223835.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 20201112_223814.jpg
    20201112_223814.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 135
  • 39 Main Starboard Wheelbay Front (1).jpg
    39 Main Starboard Wheelbay Front (1).jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 43 Main Port Wheelbay Forward1 (1).jpg
    43 Main Port Wheelbay Forward1 (1).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I just finished the Accuarate Miniatures Il-2 and studied this very issue. The pics you posted are from the best references on the web and confirm the mirroring. There is however some logic in designing such parts to be identical so that they are interchangeable. However the bits that you are referring to are actually not part of the undercarriage but part of the wing structure so interchangeability is not an issue.

I just finished the Accuarate Miniatures Il-2 and studied this very issue. The pics you posted are from the best references on the web and confirm the mirroring. There is however some logic in designing such parts to be identical so that they are interchangeable. However the bits that you are referring to are actually not part of the undercarriage but part of the wing structure so interchangeability is not an issue.
It's true, I didn't realize that in the model everything comes toghether but in the real thing it doesn't move, is part of the wing. Now I am convinced that it must be cutted off and corrected.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back