Douglas SBD-1 Dauntless (Accurate Miniature 1/48)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello everybody;

although registered for a few years on this forum, I never had the courage to show you my assemblies probably because of my poor command of the English language.

But today in this new year, I take my courage in both hands and present to you one of my last finished assembly (with the help of G..gle Trad) it is about the Douglas SBD-1 Dauntless from Accurate Miniature.

s-l64013.jpg

The assembly is almost FTB except improving the pilot's headrest to match that of a pre-war machine.

The cockpit is painted in Interior Green.

I chose to represent , the sn 1629 - 2MB4 , the machine of the leader of the 2 section of the VMB-2 of the US Marine Corps during the summer of 1940.

m5223.jpg

m5323.jpg

m5423.jpg

m5524.jpg

m5624.jpg

m5725.jpg

m5821.jpg

m5921.jpg

m6017.jpg

m5123.jpg

Cordially;
mathieu "Soclakit86"

Hi and welcome. What a nice model you have made. And as is you model skill well above average, your english is also very good.
Anyway i am looking forward to see more of your models. Have fun and see you around.

Welcome aboard Mathieu. I am building this very kit as we speak for our current group build and I hope it turns out as nice as yours. Question: do you have information suggesting that the flap interiors were not red on the SBD 1?

Good evening everyone;

thank you for your glowing comments.

For my English, I have no merit because I write my texts under Google Translate before copying them here.

To answer "Crimea River" :
The only information I have about the color of the pique flaps are those given by the Accurate Miniature manual.

Cordially;
mathieu "Soclakit86"

very nice plane and kit, nicelly built... I bought this kit on ebay around a year ago, its still in my stash and waiting to be bueld sometime soon...

A real nice job there. I too have this kit in the stash and I hope it turns out as well as yours when I get around to building it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back