Dual He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinkel He 111Z "Zwilling"

www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org - Luftwaffe Resource Center - Heinkel He 111Z

he111z-i.jpg

He111-Z-22.jpg

He111-Z-21.jpg

He111-Z-23.jpg

he111z-011.jpg

Rod's WarBirds

and ever so much fun to shoot down in IL-2 FB.... with invincibility and unlimited ammo of course :rolleyes:

Must have been a logistical nightmare, trying to make sure the two planes acted as one with flaps and rudder control, etc.

Must have been a logistical nightmare, trying to make sure the two planes acted as one with flaps and rudder control, etc.

Logistics has to do with supplies not aerodymics or engineering.

Besides it was not that difficult to do. Any decent aircraft company can make it work and Heinkel did. The concept was not new and it was not a difficult task to build it.

Hopfully this time the drawing will show

Attachments

• HE111cutaway.jpg
    HE111cutaway.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 521
I thought I had heard of an idea to have a zwilling Ju 290. The picture from the link shown by JG57 Rall is from one of the luftwaffe secret projects books. It is not the fighters but is either ground attack or bombers books. I have to say that the luftwaffe secret projects series are superb and great to read and have a look at the outlandish designs.

Wasn't the He-111z also used as a tug for the air launched V-1!? I'm sure I've read about them, being shot down over the North Sea, by Mosquito night fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back