eBay: Japanese airplanes and other hardware. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is a story about when a Japanese memorial group visited Hollandia around 1955.
On a plateau overlooking Hamadi Island in Hollandia, there was a rusted AA gun of old Japanese army. An Indonesian man approached to the group and asked them "Will you bring this AA gun back to Japan?" "Why?" "At night, Japanese soldiers ghosts appear around this gun to maneuver." The memorial group gave prayer in front of the guns and then told the Indonesian man "Souls of the dead are now with us and will go home together."

AAA listening device

1709638252869.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
From the little I once read of her case, she got a raw deal.
Well i think so too. Many many far worse critters were released very much sooner.
We are talking evil murders, look it up.

As even the Americans said, the broadcasts did not hurt moral, even tuned in for a laugh and some music.
Trail by media avant le lettre.
Tokyo Rose did not have a change because of her ill gotten fame. Didnt kill anyone but there you have it.
I kinda stings that ss waffen ss members ,or for that matter japanese murderers convicted of hideous crimes were out having a good life after a wee bit of time.

Dont attack me for this, but justice should be blind and be a reviewable god. Hind sight, things change in light of other sentences in the same realm, does it still do justice?
No, i understand why, dont understand why not reviewed sooner then 1977.

Last edited:
Well i think so too. Many many far worse critters were released very much sooner.
We are talking evil murders, look it up.

As even the Americans said, the broadcasts did not hurt moral, even tuned in for a laugh and some music.
Trail by media avant le lettre.
Tokyo Rose did not have change because of her ill gotten fame. Didnt kill anyone but there you have it.
I kinda stings that ss waffen ss members ,or for that matter japanese murderers convicted of hideous crimes were out having a good life after a wee bit of time.

Dont attack me for this, but justice should be blind and be a reviewable god. Hind sight, things change in light of other sentences in the same realm, does it still do justice?
No, i understand why, dont understand why not reviewed sooner then 1977.
She was essentially a hostage in a very scary place.

She was essentially a hostage in a very scary place.
Not a hostage i think. Yes a traitor by war laws and yes it should be punished. But. It should be viewed for what harm was done and viewed what others did get for punishment.
I do believe because the name tokyo rose she was held far to long for the crime.
Take a look at all the ex wehrmacht generals and lower ranks that got into places like the bundeswehr. I mean Galland shot down and killed a lot of men. Still.. he became a general in the new luftwaffe because of the soviet scare.
Fair? They defended and killed for the swastika to the very last day (jg44).
No i think in this case justice was not fair.

I may have a book about her. There may have actually been four Tokyo Rose characters as I recall. The one most known, and photoed, had returned to Japan to visit family and was not allowed to return to the US after DEC 8th. She, Iva D'Toguri, was the most well known and photographed in Japan. Looking at the pictures in post 2251, the last may not be the same woman. Note the mole on upper lip, missing from the other shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back