Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What's unusual is the Bristol Beaufort nose in the foreground...
Very. There is a hulk of a LOIRE-NIEUPORT LN.401 or 411 FRENCH DIVE BOMBER against the hanger so maybe France? Or...hear me out...there was a French plane with a similar nose? I doubt it, but maybe it can't be ruled out.

The RAF museum says the prototype Beaufort flew for the first time on 15 October 1938 and Beauforts entered service with No.22 Squadron in November 1939, remaining Coastal Command's standard torpedo bomber until 1943.

Also the date is suspect. These hulks were still around in 1943?

I doubt it, but maybe it can't be ruled out.

It is definitely a Beaufort. The panel lines and window configuration match exactly. Here's a close-up of the nose section with a view of the nose of the Beaufort at Hendon.

DSC_0099

Of note is the cutout at the bottom right edge of the image, which matches the panel on the RAF Museum aircraft, also the small rectangular window aft of where the nose glasing is, and the thick framing of the nose transparency.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
"How?"

To my eye, the nose is not typical of most Ju88s, being longer. Perhaps an example of a G-7 carrying the FuG240 N-1 Berlin radar. Only 10 built.

Users who are viewing this thread