eBay: Messerschmitt Bf109 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

colour

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi wurger, why would you think that?

Actually I put myself on the bottom pic below. But the caption may be wrong. I should be more general just E with the external bellay fuel tank . However the E-7 or 8 is very likely the most.

Anyway,

1. The cockpit windscreen with the external bulletproof glass on the square but the angular light frame used for the E variants.
2. The layout of dials on the pilot's panel for Emils including the white vertical rectangle plate of the compass compensation values next to the gunsight on the right.
3. The square plate with the instruction for settings of the flaps seen partially on the left of the gunsight.
4&5. The shape of the moved fuselsge panel in front of the cockpit windscreen with two wents at its front edge and a side one(s) at the back edge.
6&7. A small control hatch at the panel top on right and the slightly larger one in front of the side back vent.
8. The two-bulge engraving seen at the back edge of the front engine cowling above the fuselage MG-17 bolts.
9. The fuel duct on therigh side of the cockpit going above the box with the fuses.
The unit is indicated by the "L" emblem seen on the fuselage side below the cockpit windscreen.

e8.jpg

Bf-109E8-1.(J)LG2-Yellow-6-Romania-1941-01.jpg

the source: Messerschmitt Bf 109E8 1.(J)LG2 Yellow 6 Romania 1941 01

I thought an E8 was an E1 but then with 300l droptank

Actually I put myself on the bottom pic below. But the caption may be wrong. I should be more general just E with the external belly fuel tank . However the E-7 or 8 is very likely the most....
Wojtek, you forgot the oxygen bottle (visible in the right lower corner) - a typical element of the E-variant.;)
But what's more interesting: this a/c has a bomb dropping selector panel under the main instrument panel - see here similar cockpit.:oops:
My first impression was it's a Bf 109E-7/B. LG.2 used this type for sure - see here.
Interestingly E-8 had a standard ETC 500 (and a bomb dropping selector panel) and AFAIK I./LG.2 used this variant as well.o_O
Cheers!

Last edited:
Wojtek, you forgot the oxygen bottle (visible in the right lower corner) - a typical element of the E-variant.;)

You are absolutely right Yves. Just was in a hurry and omitted that detail. A good catch. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back