eBay: Messerschmitt Bf109 (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

II./JG3 Udet Tauroggen Litauen

1699794804877.png

1699794828791.png

1. Foto, II./JG3 "Udet" Junkers Ju 87 Stuka abgedeckt, Tauroggen Litauen (N)50989 | eBay
  2. Foto, II./JG3 "Udet" Me 109 in der Start Phase, Tauroggen Litauen (N)50989 | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nr174 Heinz . Meaning of text?

View attachment 747120

View attachment 747121

View attachment 747123

Hi, I believe that this is a Bf 109 G6/14 in use at a training school, with the very high 174 number, and removed Galland Panzer canopy armour.
The abbreviation EVG was the "Elektrisches verstellgerät", which translates as electrical adjustment equipment, or electric actuator. This was specifically the VDM propeller pitch control motor that changed the propeller pitch and it was important for the use of the VDM variable pitch propeller. There are two methods of controlling this propeller, Hand or Automatik, but both use the same electric motor. So, the warning note "E.V.G!" must have been related to a problem with the function of propeller control. The Bf 109 G Handbuch does have a note about how to operate the aircraft if the Automatik EVG control is not working. So, I guess that this was the problem and trainee pilots needed reminding as they got in!
Just a note, there were only three other electric motors in most Bf 109's. Anyone care to guess?

Eng

Hi, I believe that this is a Bf 109 G6/14 in use at a training school, with the very high 174 number, and removed Galland Panzer canopy armour.
The abbreviation EVG was the "Elektrisches verstellgerät", which translates as electrical adjustment equipment, or electric actuator. This was specifically the VDM propeller pitch control motor that changed the propeller pitch and it was important for the use of the VDM variable pitch propeller. There are two methods of controlling this propeller, Hand or Automatik, but both use the same electric motor. So, the warning note "E.V.G!" must have been related to a problem with the function of propeller control. The Bf 109 G Handbuch does have a note about how to operate the aircraft if the Automatik EVG control is not working. So, I guess that this was the problem and trainee pilots needed reminding as they got in!
Just a note, there were only three other electric motors in most Bf 109's. Anyone care to guess?

Eng
OK, I can give one of the 3 other usual electric motors in a Bf 109. The artificial Horizon has an AC electric motor to spin the gyro inside it. That leaves two others? Post your bids!

Eng

Mothercompass?
That is a good guess. The mother compass and repeater instrument use inductive coils to send signal currents to the display instrument and move the pointer. I agree that is a motor function, but not one I was thinking of as a motor. So, good point to Snautzer!
Anymore offers of electric motors on most 109's? I still have two to go, and I am not including the electric fuel gauge! These are normal electric motors.

Eng

Yes, nice shot #2718. I think a Bf 109 F-2, notice the cooling flaps closed with the flaps possibly fully down. Also, I think, an all-yellow engine cowling.

Eng

Users who are viewing this thread

Back