eBay: Messerschmitt Bf109

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just found this in Wiki so it can't be the above 109

"On 4 December 1937, during the Spanish Civil war, a Bf 109 A-0, marked 6–15, made an emergency landing behind Republican lines. The aircraft was recovered and tested. In January 1938 the aircraft was also evaluated by a French delegation. This aircraft was later sent to the Soviet Union and also tested. During the war this aircraft served with a special Soviet reconnaissance unit equipped with captured German aircraft, before it was captured back by Jg.27."

"On 4 December 1937, during the Spanish Civil war, a Bf 109 A-0, marked 6–15, made an emergency landing behind Republican lines. The aircraft was recovered and tested. In January 1938 the aircraft was also evaluated by a French delegation. This aircraft was later sent to the Soviet Union and also tested. During the war this aircraft served with a special Soviet reconnaissance unit equipped with captured German aircraft, before it was captured back by Jg.27."
Wasnt that an e3 ?. I have a rapport of that one in russian..

Judging by the prop and exhaust pipes shape that's the Bf 109D but not the A-0.

Captured early Bf109's Knew i posted something here. There is a D in french clothes.

and the russian report

1642075487682.png

That was my guess also. Perhaps it is one of the D models used in Poland Sept 1939.

An interesting idea. But not with the kind of the camo IMHO. These used over Poland were of the standard LW camo scheme RLM70/71/65 for that time with the low demarcation line seen on the radiator inlet. The one seen in the pic has the entire engine cowling painted light. This may suggest the camo used in the Spain.

Captured early Bf109's Knew i posted something here. There is a D in french clothes.

and the russian report

View attachment 654526
The Russian report IS about E-3 as you mentioned earlier. It's not about a captured A(nton).
The one captured in Spain and later tested in the USSR is a B-1(based on Russian sources):
Captured%20Me%20109s%2001%2012.jpg

Captured%20Me%20109s%2001%2004-680x490.jpg

Captured%20Me%20109s%2001%2009.jpg

Last edited:
The early Bf 109 tested in the USSR was the one ...

View attachment 654547
the source: 8/5/18 Flegel's Bf 109A - wrong cockpit's visual model
That's the same one as in the pictures I posted. If you check the post you are referring to, these guys also mention that the Russian source "Messerschmitt Bf 109В-1 Испанский пленник, М. Маслов" calls it a B-1. At the end of the notes to the book (just follow the link I connected with the book title) one finds a note about this discrepancy.
Maslov_Messerschmitt_Bf_109_B-1%2BN.jpg

I remember a very good table from a German(?) book, probably in my collection or posted in a forum, where all Me-109 sent to Spain were listed and the variants were connected with the respective markings. In this case 6-15. I'm not sure where I've seen it but somebody here might remember it as well. :rolleyes:
Cheers!

Last edited:
That's the same one as in the pictures I posted. If you check the post you are referring to, these guys also mention that the Russian source "Messerschmitt Bf 109В-1 Испанский пленник, М. Маслов" calls it a B-1.
View attachment 654553
I remember a very good table from a German(?) book, probably in my collection or posted in a forum, where all Me-109 sent to Spain were listed and the variants were connected with the respective markings. In this case 6-15. I'm not sure where I've seen it but somebody here might remember it as well. :rolleyes:
Cheers!

We have had to criss-crossed our posts Yves. I didn't see your while posting mine. Undoubtedly that's the same Bf 109. Also I agree the Russian sources say that was the Berta variant.

We have had to criss-crossed our posts Yves. I didn't see your while posting mine. Undoubtedly that's the same Bf 109. Also I agree the Russian sources say that was the Berta variant.
:thumbright: Yep - your fingers are faster!
I don't have the Russian book, but AFAIK there are several photos in it and maybe the text with the test results is quoted there as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back