eBay: Messerschmitt Bf109

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Snautzer, ref your pic on post #1447.
This detail seems to show a very unusual variation on the G-6 DB605A type cowling bulge. The rear part of the bulge is usually a simple rounded shape that returns to the main fuselage contour, what we see here is a more complex smooth bulge that is a bit like the later smooth-bulge cowlings.
Cheers,

Eng

Last edited:
I remember a very good table from a German(?) book, probably in my collection or posted in a forum, where all Me-109 sent to Spain were listed and the variants were connected with the respective markings. In this case 6-15.
I had to quote myself only to show that my memory is still working well .
I found the table in the depths of my electronic archive - it's a copy from a book I don't have Condor The Luftwaffe in Spain 1936-1939 by Patrick Laureau (Hikoki 2000).
The table was posted in a modelers forum (didn't save the link to it) and I'm attaching it as is. The Bf 109 in question, captured on 4.Dec.1937 is shown as a B-variant.
There are no A's in this list at all.
BTW an interesting Bf 109 source I'm using since years, with photos of all types and variants, shows 6-15 as a B as well - see here. Click on Weitere Informationen und/oder Bildmaterial zu diesem Flugzeug under the photo to see all photos (link doesn't work here). I believe most of the 55(!) b/w photos of this a/c are from the Soviet report/book.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Bf 109 in Spain - TYPES-.pdf
    397.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Nice. Also I agree the 6-15 was the early B-1 variant. As memo serves the wing leading eadge slats were the same for the A and the early B-1 kites. The shorter ones were intorduced later with the mid batch of the Berta.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread