eBay: Messerschmitt Me110 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great pic of Iraqi Me110s, Snautzer! That has to be one of the best pics I've ever seen of these rare birds. It's certainly a new pic to me. Thank you so much for sharing!

me110_nightfighter_57_ wreck retrieve from sea.jpg

Me110E Stab II./NJG 3 Hptm Günther Radusch Schleswig 1942

me110_149_110-E-Stab-II-NJG-3-Hptm-Gunther-Radusch-Schleswig 1942.jpg

me110_150_110-E-Stab-II-NJG-3-Hptm-Gunther-Radusch-Schleswig 1942.jpg

Last edited:
Just LOOK how the panel lines and rivets stand out on that all black nightfighter. Who can argue against them on models?

They mostly are not rivets but the fasteners on removable panels. :)

The panel lines are also the edges of removable panels, parts or cowlings.

The black paint used at that time was not a permanent lacquer and removing panels and turning fasteners or screws would certainly quickly remove it. Add a flash for the photograph and we can see the result.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks! Point still stands...at least partially. :lol:

Absolutely, it does. If you are modelling an all black night fighter like that, then, certainly, those fasteners etc would show that wear. It is emphasised by the flash photography, but it's there. Bearing in mind the relative fragility of that paint, technically designated 'semi-permanent', it's surprising how little wear shows on the rest of the aircraft. I suspect that it has not long been applied and that the wear shown occurred quite quickly!

The emblem on that Bf 110 (I'd say a C series off the top of my head but am open to correction) is the 'Englandblitz' designed by Victor Molders for 1./ZG 1 which he took with him to the 'Nachjagd' in mid 1940. You will see it on all sorts of night fighters. A permanent black camouflage lacquer wasn't introduced until 1943.

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back