eBay: Messerschmitt Me163

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1635938063234.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Awesome picture in flight, but no detail in the cockpit. A model? Military censors? Hope not a cloud of T-Stoff!
Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with that picture. It does look like the image is subject to a heavy handed editor, on the nearest wing the black lines appear too heavy compared to the opposite wing and the wingtip appears shorter. You can't see the fixed leading edge slots, which had openings in the top of the wings. The radio aerial is the wrong shape and there's no pitot tube either. In this photo you can clearly see the fixed slots on top of the wing, the pitot tube and the radio aerial.

50872658031_41dd6142fa_b.jpg
MoF 128

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with that picture. It does look like the image is subject to a heavy handed editor, on the nearest wing the black lines appear too heavy compared to the opposite wing and the wingtip appears shorter. You can't see the fixed leading edge slots, which had openings in the top of the wings. The radio aerial is the wrong shape and there's no pitot tube either. In this photo you can clearly see the fixed slots on top of the wing, the pitot tube and the radio aerial.

View attachment 672885MoF 128
I'm with you on that. The antenna mast seems to be casting two shadows, one straight back and the other ghosting down onto the wing, like if you had two light sources in a studio. Funny it has no identifying national insignia or numbers. It makes me think if might be a test model a cut above a wind tunnel model.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back