eBay: North American P-51 Mustang (6 Viewers)

Excellent! Thanks again, so what's up with the canopy in the first shot? Looks like it had a bit of "re-engineering" done to it.
 
Oh yes.. as memo serves that's the another Swiss modification. It was done for the two-seater planes in order to have a better access the second seat .

Swiss P-51d airintake2a.jpg


Swiss P-51d airintake2.jpg


the pic source: P-51D-5-NA s/n 44-13710 "Ann I" ...
and ... Swiss Mustangs
 
Agree but it would be making the kite of being a little bit too ugly. :lol:
 
The L-coded Mustangs were from the 54th Fighter Group while it was a stateside P-51 replacement training group based in Florida. LE0 was originally the personal mount of C/O Lt Col Ward W. Harker; I suspect the third character of the nose marking was a zero rather than an "oh" reflecting Harker's position as daddy rabbit.

What surprised me the most can be seen in the front views - it looks like some of the aircraft had camouflaged wings with unpainted tips and control surfaces. I've never seen such a combination before, and the images are poor enough that I could be misreading them completely - but nice to see none-the-less!

Cheers,



Dana
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back