Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Photo of GI of the 5250th TECHNICAL INTELLIGENCE COMPANY with CAPTURED JAPANESE RADAR ANTENNA in Japan, 1945. The 5250th Technical Intelligence Company was commanded by Lt. Colonel Robert P. McQuail and gathered technical intell and data on captured Japanese equipment.
This photo was taken by an American intelligence GI during the war and was developed later after he returned home from the war.

View attachment 681340

CAPTURED JAPANESE RADAR ANTENNA

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like an 'Erika' VHF(30-33MHz) RNAV site.
Station name is 'Erika 2'. Location: Saint-Pierre-Église, France
A Dutch photographs collector bought the 5 pictures of Erika II. I am of course interested for these pictures and have a serie of large and high definition photographs of the bombing of Rotterdam taken by the luftwaffe from the sky. Please contact me on www.erika2.com if interested. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Well ....
Rotherdam
Where would that be?

If it is Rotterdam.. boy there are do many. I found from soldiers, not pk, stuff that is not in archives.
You must have something very very special.

Well ....

Where would that be?

If it is Rotterdam.. boy there are do many. I found from soldiers, not pk, stuff that is not in archives.
You must have something very very special.
Well done, it's Rotterdam. The 5 Erika 2 photographs were sold on Ebay for approximately 5 euros.

Last edited:
Looks like an 'Erika' VHF(30-33MHz) RNAV site.
Station name is 'Erika 2'. Location: Saint-Pierre-Église, France
I can confirm this information. You can find more details on the radionavigation base on my website : www.erika2.com. I would be pleased to have WW2 photographs of it to improve my knowledge. The 5 pictures sold on Ebay last year are important to understand how it was and how was built the barracks and how the site looks like during the WW2. Nice to see that an information I have got about the position of the sentinel was true!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back