eBay: Soviet Airforce and other arms

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ut-1

UTI ( thanks wurger)

1635157199040.png

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
IMHO that's the Polikarpov I-16 UTI ( UTI-2 or UTI-4). The UT-1 was a different plane and was designed by Jakovlev.

I did not know the luftwaffe used this i type as a trainer Beute

1637928278912.png

1637928339958.png

IMHO that's not the UTI-2 but UTI-4 with M-25V engine. The UTI-2 had a different engine cowling with the open front and with no exhaust pipes seen while the one is of the closed one type with the engine cooling slots. Also the visible exhaust pipes, especially the coupled ones under the wing root, T-shaped oil cooler inlet at the bottom of the front engine cowl and the small headrest of the front cockpit indicate that sub-type of the trainer.

BTW .. a nice pic. :thumbright:

IMHO that's not the UTI-2 but UTI-4 with M-25V engine. The UTI-2 had a different engine cowling with the open front and with no exhaust pipes seen while the one is of the closed one type with the engine cooling slots. Also the visible exhaust pipes, especially the coupled ones under the wing root, T-shaped oil cooler inlet at the bottom of the front engine cowl and the small headrest of the front cockpit indicate that sub-type of the trainer.

BTW .. a nice pic. :thumbright:
fixed gear i think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back