Eduard 1/48 - Bf-109E-1 'Weekend Edition'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jjp_nl

Staff Sergeant
Apr 13, 2011
Not like you haven't seen one before, but here's my take on the 'Emil', the new Eduard 1/48 E-1 to be exact. After a lengthy project like my last Eduard Bf-110E build it was nice to see this one come together in about 3 or 4 weekends.

I left out the engine all together (let alone the coolant reservoir way in front) since I wanted to avoid problems with closing up the cowling. Eduard does provide instructions as to how to approach this, but their take on the matter doesn't work too well it seems.

01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG
05.JPG
06.JPG
07.JPG
08.JPG
09.JPG

Very nice indeed.

I'm building one at the moment and have gone the same way with the engine.

Cheers

Steve

Yeah, a few additional mounting tabs, a spacer and some styrene strip worked like a charm for me, rather then trying to fit the engine inside the cowling.

Bottomline is ofcourse is the kit is pretty much designed to have the engine visible. I've seen builds that endedn up with misaligned cowling panels, taking a lot of filling/sanding to make it look half way decent (wrecking the beautifully subtle details along the way)

Last edited:
I like it Jelmer and the subtle shading you accomplished!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back