Eduard 1/48 Tempest V pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
ok here are some pics of my Eduard 1/48 Tempest V kit
apologies for the picture quality light here today is rubbish and i am no E. Van Gilder
Picture 051.jpg
Picture 049.jpg
Picture 047.jpg
Picture 046.jpg
Picture 043.jpg
Picture 042.jpg
Picture 041.jpg
Picture 040.jpg
Picture 038.jpg
Picture 037.jpg
Picture 050.jpg
!

also this was in the box
img004.jpg

hope they help

Thanks Karl. Looks good overall, although a bit mixed quality in some of the plastic mouldings detail. Should build into a very nice model though.

Should get mine this coming week. It's stuck in customs.

Looks like this one will be a definite candidate for a coat of primer before applying the final finish as that plastic is the shiniest I've ever seen! The resin and PE additions should enhance what would otherwise appear to be a pretty mediocre kit.

the kit is basic, but i like that and as you said Andy the PE stuff will help it along, not sure if i'm going to use the resin cockpit as i dont think you'll see that much of it !

i was amazed how shiny the plastic is especially the wings !!

Received mine today and had a quick scan through it. Initial impressions:

- Very glad it comes with the resin and PE parts. Would have been a disappointment for me otherwise
- Lots of ejection pins marks that need to be removed. These aren't just the traditional sunken disc but actually have semicircular shaped protrusions in the mold which will get in the way of assembly in some cases.
- Two piece canopy is nice and clear. Fairly thin too so should be a nice a convincing display
- No locating pins so care will be needed joining parts
- Resin parts are quite goog but, as Karl says, a lot of it won't be visible. Two areas that are very visible but for which no resin is provided are the exhaust stubs and tires. (A review of the earlier release of this kit said it included resin flattened tires. Hmmm.) Some nice hollowed out resin exhausts would have been very welcome. The tires I can live with.
- A pet peave of mine is that few manufacturers separate the control surfaces to allow for optional display in the deflected position. I was therefore not surprised that this kit continued the trend.
- Decals are beautifully done. Nice colours, perfectly registered, and very detailed. The only thing is they may be a tad thick but based on past expereince, should be just fine. As advertised, 6 schemes are possible but 2 are for Closterman and 2 are for Beamont (surprise, surprise).

All in all, I'm looking forward to building this kit as it looks like it'll build up into a very nice model.

Thanks Andy. I agree about the wheels and exhausts - presumably a legacy of the original manufacturer's moulds. I haven't yet found that magazine article, but I'm fairly sure the origins of the kit were in the Esci offering, the up-dated edition, some time after the original Esci/Ertl kit I used.
I think a set of after market resin wheels would be a benefit, to do the kit justice, and probably exhausts too. Surprised Eduard haven't included them - an accidental omission perhaps ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back